Friday, August 24, 2007

Engine Oil Analysis Services - How Necessary Is It?

I can not remember how many times a service person at a quick lube shops asked me to take benefit of this service they provide. Engine oil analysis. Almost everyone of us has encountered this situation at least once. The first time I was encountered with this question, I wondered about the real purpose of the analysis. Instead of refusing immediately, I asked the service person,”what purpose is this going to help?”. His immediate replay was, “we will send your motor oil to our labs, and for 14.99 you can have it inspected for problems, and abnormal condition.” I replied, “so, how much does it cost to do an oil change?” “19.99 sir”. I smiled and told him ”last I changed the oil was 3200 miles ago, therefore, you are now telling me that I need to spen View the rest of this article


No comments: