Thursday, July 19, 2007

From Christchurch to Bangkok: No Ordinary Travel Experience

Things started off well, I felt organized and ready to jump on that plane. This was the first stage of my month long trip through 6 different countries. It was my first time out of Australasia and I was very excited at the prospect of encountering new sights, sounds, tastes and cultures.



The flight from Christchurch to Auckland was nice and smooth even though the pilot had warned of some turbulence, I sat next to a nice old lady who had been to Thailand before and she good things to so about it. It was all going perfectly to script until I arrived at Auckland airport to find my flight to Bangkok was delayed by three hours. The airline gave us a lunch voucher as compensation so it wasn't all bad.



I sat right in the back corne View the rest of this article


No comments: